Monday, December 04, 2006

Where to Ride in 2007 ?

Posse, I'm starting to pull together an '07 ride calendar and would appreciate your input on where / when to ride.

In casual conversation, peeps have thus far mentioned;
  • 7Stanes - spring
  • Betws-y-Coed / Penmachno
  • Afan / Brechfa / CwmCarn
  • Cannock
  • Chilterns
  • Peak District
  • Thetford - spring
  • Ridgeway - May-ish
Does anywhere else spring to mind ?

The thought of ravenous Scottish midges isn't appealing so I suggest that we try and hit the borders in the spring, we'll just have to wrap up :p

5 Comments:


toons said...

If you're coming to Scotland you've gotta try Kirroughtree.


Farqui said...

For why mister ? Actually an overview of the 7Stanes you've ridden, would be mighty useful...


toons said...

I’ve done the following 7 Stanes:

Glentress Black (first one I ever did and was blown away, v good)

Newcastleton Red (not very long and probs only worth it, if you’re in the area\passing)

AE Red (I loved AE, big berms, table tops, but does have long sections of fire road but the end is quality)

Mabie Red (its ok, short and not that much fun)

Dalbeattie Red (it’s getting better all the time and it’s got some fun sections)

Kirroughtree Red\Black (this has to be the best man made trail in the UK, loads and loads of single track, that just keeps on going. bloody brilliant)


Farqui said...

Toons, thanx for the overview. You're not the only one to highly rate Kirroughtree so we ought to give it a try.

I've now drafted a 2007 ride calendar. It's a slightly different layout than year but should be easier to maintain. Let me know what you think t'format...


Farqui said...

Thetford @ eoJan sounds good to me, the sooner the better as far as I'm concerned.

Dozers links;
D2D course
BikeArt