Friday, June 23, 2006

A Woburn Blat Anyone ?

I've recently received a few casual requests for another ride around Woburn / Aspley Heath, this time without the "dull commute" from CMK :huh With the intention of a fresh leg'd attack on the sweetest sections and some "hucking" in the jump arena.

My ever increasing knowledge of the area is now such that I'm confident of providing the posse with a variety of entertaining trails that'll easily last a couple of hours. My guinea pigs (Dozer and Rob) seemed to have a good time on their last visit (link shows a sample route/time/profile).

As it's a relatively compact venue, it'll be very easy to extend or shorten the ride and accomodate everyone's wishes or tired legs ;) Also, if any DH'ers wants to continue practicing their hucking rather than cranking, then the XC crowd will be looping back for some more fun :p

Trailhead: Just south of Woburn Sands on the A5130 beside the jump arena.

When? Sunday, 16th June for a 10.30am start [previously - Either Sunday July 9th? or sometime over the wkend 15/16th? - for a morning, afternoon or both! Stamp your knobblies on a preference.]

PS: If there's sufficient interest, then we might also consider;
  • finishing at a pub, for lunch
  • finishing at a pub, for dinner
  • splitting the ride, with a pub lunch and post drink wobble
  • alternatives ? - I'm looking forward to your suggestions...

11 Comments:


brumster said...

15/16th suits me the best too...


Farqui said...

on behalf of Rob...

July 9th would be my choice, I have young’uns 15th/16th.


Farqui said...

...and Rob continues...

What I could do is bring my young’uns on the 16th, although they wouldn’t be able to keep the pace, I know the area well enough that we could make our own entertainment. We’d see you around and about in the woods I’m sure.

The TRL would be mucho useful too.


Farqui said...

6am at the wkend, such a time doesn't exist !


Farqui said...

:blush, fixed the trailhead link.


Farqui said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Farqui said...

Last night, I had another fab woodland explore and I'm now starting to get a better picture of a route.

I'll endeavour to incorporate a little something for everyone. I've even got some short, but sweet DH's lined up for the gravity fuel'd amongst us :p


Rob said...

Does Mrs Dozer want to go to a UB40 concert or is that some form of punishment?

6am? You're having a giraffe!


Farqui said...

How about a 10.30am start folks ?

A very quick overview of the trailhead and some of the sweet spots can be found here.


brumster said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Farqui said...

Ride report here.