Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chiltern Ride Invite



Ibstone - Chiltern Ride Invite...........


Ibstone is located between High Wycombe and Henley On Thames and is in close proximity to the nearby 'Ridgeway' village of Watlington. Watlington already has two blog posts. The first an MBR killer route, the second a fine route posted by Uphilla. It's a great area for riding and admiring stunning views, not to mention some decent MTB hills! The proposed route is just over 23 miles with 3100feet ascent. It should be a great ride to exercise the legs and lungs prior to summer or a trip to Morzine!


The proposed date for the ride is Saturday April 25th and you can see from the route map that the start point is in located close to the Pub at Ibstone Green. The time of ride is flexible as long as it allows for suitable refreshment in the pub ...post ride!

Let me know if you are interested.

R2









9 Comments:


Farqui said...

Sounds interesting and the route profile looks to have plenty of steady long DH's - which me likeeee.

Fortunately I'm available on Sat Apr 25th which is nestled betwix my stag do and wedding. So if I do come along then you'll have to promise that I won't break myself else you'll have my fiance to answer to ! :p


uphilla said...

Great stuff - I just love the Chilterns and think I may have covered some of this route, so will be please to join you - diary look good at the moment!


Rob#2 said...

Great, good to see that I've potentially signed up two volunteers already!
How about we wrap Farqui in bubble wrap for the whole ride....that should keep him safe for the happy day.


Willy said...

He could still be wrapped in cling film from the stag anyway....

I am in for the ride.


dozer said...

Looks like another good ride, so I hope to make it, just need a pass :-) Same as Farqui though, I'll have to be careful, the only difference is Therese will just laugh :-) Again!!

Trying to get the FNC gang interested, but you know what they are like, blog??

Is R3 coming, does he need to borrow Richard’s Giant?


Rob#2 said...

Excellent news...I real boys day out! I tested the route this weekend. It has some tough hill climbs...I ended up pushing on one or two... However, we should all be a little fitter by the end of April. The good news is that some of the down hill sections were great fun...I'm certainly looking foward to going back. The pub at Ibstone is not suitable...I'll find an local alternative before we ride


Darren said...

Looks like a fantastic ride and one I won't be missing. I've marked the Calender and will even make sure I have no excuses with the bike.

Looking forward to it, see you on the 25th.


Rob said...

I'll be there, what time do you anticipate kick off?


Rob#2 said...

How about we meet at around 10.00am. Is that Ok for everyone? I really don't mind what time we start.......

The best place to park is on the grass verge between the pub and cricket pitch at Ibstone.