Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Welsh mid week action

With an excessive amount of surplus annual leave that needs consuming before the eoMarch, I figured it'll be fun using it on a blat around some Welsh trails.

With many of the posse expressing an interest in repeating our (now) annual trip to Afan in September, it seems sensible to roll elsewhere this time. Although I wouldn't mind cranking around those lovely southern trails again sometime soon. Uphilla's keen to get more familiar with 'em again so stay tuned for another mini-trip plan. Further north, the routes at Mach are ok if you want open wilderness but I need to dose up on tasty single-track after a winter away from sinuous trails. Right in north Wales we now have a great choice of centers that aren't more than an hours drive apart so we should be able to knit together quite a number of trails for a short (2 day visit).

"Ooop north" we have;
  • Marin trail at Betws y Coed (25km) with which I have some unfinished business. My one and only ride there was cut short as we needed to return pals hire bikes. I've been told numerous times since, that i missed the best bit :-(
  • Little known, Penmachno trail, 20km which Uphilla blitz'd last year.
  • Private enterprise of Coed Llandegla appears to have a good variety of trails, red 18km, black 21km along with a couple of tamer, shorter routes.
  • Or the recently revamped trails at Coed y Brenin and try either; Temtiwr 9km, Afon 11km and the Tarw 20km.
I can appreciate that during the working week, most peeps won't be able to escape the daily grind. But rest assured folks, Farqui intends to get more than his belly full and will flow from turn to heavenly turn on your behalf ;-)

Don't fret Chipmunk I won't be alone as fellow fanatics Uphilla and Rob look like they're up for a dose of top notch singletrack. So someone will be close by to reign in my enthusiasm ;-) Oh and the painful memory of a busted shoulder will probably haunt me and slow me down...for a little while :-D

When? Wed/Thu 7/8th March are when Uphilla and I are aiming to sneak away for a dose of north Wales style singletrack. If anyone else fancies dodging a few days graft in exchange for some knobbly action, then feel free to tag along.

1 Comments:


Farqui said...

Uphilla and I are now defo committed to our Welsh trip in a wks time, with accom now booked.

We've penciled in Marin & Penmachno for Weds and "something" down at the revamped Coed y Brenin for Thursday.

Stay tuned for a ride report.