Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Cannock

Just a short post - I had to go up to Cannock last Sunday for middle son's hockey trials. Took the opportunity to ride Follow the Dog and Monkey Trail for the first time. Was a great set of trails - what felt like a lot of climbing was off-set by some really fun descents - nothing too hairy (though I did manage to fall off and bend mech hanger close to the end). Trails were mostly very dry but were suffering a bit with braking bumps in some places. A really good 2.5hr ride that I would recommend if you are in the area.

Toby has further trial on 25th September so I will go round again then if any one wants to join me. I will get there by around 1pm and would probably need to leave again at 3.30 so let me know.

2 Comments:


Dangerous Dave said...

Did you do any of the black options?

Rode there last weekend with Dad and some friends and had a real blast!

I rode my "medium" bike there so actually liked the braking bumps, made it worth taking it! Trick with braking bumps is not to brake over them!


Willy said...

No, was on my own so did not do the blacks - not sure I would even if not on my own...

...going back again Sunday; perhaps will give them a go...