Wednesday, July 07, 2010

The Alps - Day 5

We had hoped to take the xc bikes out and take a trip up to the top of Nyon to ride a trail we first rode back in 2006. However, as somebody had locked their bike to Alex's xc bike, this plan was abandoned and we headed over to Les Gets for a chilled one after my crash yesterday and to give out aching bodies a breather.

We spent the morning riding the new bike park up there which features jumps and flowy, bermed trails. Alex hit a jump



I felt sick after lunch so we took the road back down to Morzine. We'll be heading over to Sherpa for the BBQ later to top off a nice chilled out day.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Les Gets

2 Comments:


dozer said...

I see the tour de France goes through Morzine finishing up in Avoriaz on Sunday. Monday rest day? And then Tuesdays stage starts off in Morzine, so are you going to watch? Race them up to Avoriaz on your down hill bike :-)


Dangerous Dave said...

Did you just suggest I ride 40lbs of bike up a hill?! You're as mad as I am!

We might watch, it was pretty fun watching it in 2006, the amount of free stuff the support cars chuck at you is insane!