Sunday, April 29, 2007

Cwmcarn DH - 19th April


Hey guys, been a long time I know but things my end have gone crazy - buying a house etc!
Well with this "job" I have, I get every other Thursday off, me and Lewis usually use it to get a bit of a sneaky ride in. Last time we went to Ambergate in Derbyshire, no uplift, all completely natural, and COMPLETELY NUTS. Unfortunately, we didn't get any pics..... next time...
Anyway, thought I'd give you lot an update of whats going on in the world of a "Downhilla"


We arrived at 11, after some delays on the way (M42/M6 rush hour - we were traveling from Lichfield, btw). Feeling a little disappointed at the loss of riding time, we trundled up to the uplift guy, to pay our full day pass (£22)....
"Cheers boys, we're running till 8 tonight," he says.... bit of a winner there, me thinks.

Track conditions were incredible - stupidly dry, which made it stupidly fast, but also made it extremely lethal! A lot of the track is loose stuff, when it's wet, this stuff sticks together and is nice and grippy, when it's wet, you land on it and it MOVES!

Don't know how many runs we got in in the end, but the day just got better and better, company was superb, track was spot on, and our riding was on top form...... I even cleared that jump at the bottom (see pic above) Cwmcarn XC posse may remember just how large it was!

Riders: DDave (Pimptastic Gemini Team DH); Lewis (Slightly less pimptastic Gemini)
Mechanicals: none at all, My Gemini never brakes and Lewis also looks after his....
Stacks: One major one - on the rock step downs, Lewis attempted to ride cross-camber on a rock, slipped, and went flying off DOWN THE SIDE OF THE HILL! Farqui may remember that section, it's the bit before the final down, where you can either go on the DH, or ride the XC descent... he only stopped because he landed on a VERY sharp treee.....

Link to cwmcarn track and uplift info

Link to further pics taken by Lewis and his uber camera




5 Comments:


Farqui said...

Holly mother of expletives. "How high ?" - to the moon ! That's one scary looking jump and you CLEARED it, gulp. Great shots, I keep looking at the air...marriage musta boosted your plumbs fella !


brumster said...

Conclusive proof he had his brain extracted at birth ;) !!


brumster said...

Err, I meant the air by the way, not the marriage! Thought I best just qualify that before he smacks me one!


Bijoy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Dangerous Dave said...

Cheers fellas. Well saved Brumster! ;) You really feel like you are on top of the world off that jump - I didn't half have to pedal at it. Took me 3 attempts to completely clear it the lip is like a wall when you ride up to it, goes against all natural instincts to ride flat out at such a large object sticking out the ground!!! Going back sometime in May to conquer the Quarry gap.... should be "amusing".

I must I've been going through a plateau in my riding, but it seems that I left my "mojo" at Cwmcarn, and I've picked it up with interest!!!