Thursday, June 01, 2006

Woburn Rhodies

I finally managed to get over to Woburn again last night, it's been ages since I'd ventured that way what with my sore back, the rain and family illness. Although it was a tad chilly the sun was out (for the most part) and it felt great to be back on dirt.

As I was alone :( I decided to have an explore and found a couple of new tracks amongst the trees. One of which diverts gently upwards around the steep "lights out" and Danesborough loop. Excellent and there's plenty more new bits for me to map out too ;)

Just before I left the woodland, I thought I'd check to see if the rhododendron's on the north east-ish side were in bloom and was greeted with a fabulous display of colour.

So we've just had the wettest May for 20 years, with almost double the typical rainfall nationwide and we've still got water restrictions in place. At least the plants are doing well...

PS: the Racing Ralph's are defo more sketchy in the odd patch of sandy Woburn gloop, but still manage to provide a surprising amount of traction given their relative lack of tread. They certainly livened up the ride, especially on tired legs :p

2 Comments:


Farqui said...

When I fitted the RRalph's I suspected that they might be more prone to punctures (light w.shallow tread) so I dropped in a pair of slime tubes. Fingers crossed...


Farqui said...

Hmmm, but your slime tubes did a great job in Wales earlier this year. When I've used 'em, they've done a sterling job until they suddenly become so puncture ridden. So far, Dozer also seems pleased with his CRC versions on "endozer".

F.Y.I, the JustRidingAlong website has some useful info regarding the different type of sealants. I'm sure I read somewhere that some products even have bits in to help ensure even larger holes are sucessfully plugged.

Aren't Slime also now offering a tubeless tyre that's sealed on the inside...